Vintage Electric Cars Video Gallery
1919/1931 Detroit Electric
- Award Ceremony
- Body Work & Paint
- Found Letter
- Glass Removal
- Latch Repair
- Paint Color Discovery
- Pin Stripe
- Upholstery & Final Touches
- Replacing Wiring
- King Pin Replacment
1922 Detroit Electric
- 1970â€™s Iowa PBS Interview of Grant Guam, owner of 1922 Detroit Electric
- 2013 Iowa Red Flag Horseless Carriage Tour
- January 2016 Fox Business Channel Show "Strange Inheritance" featured this 1922 Detroit Electric
- 1922 Detroit Electric in action at 2018 Mystic Seaport â€œBy Land and By Sea: Antique Vehicle Showâ€
Don't Forget the Crevices
You never know what you might find...
Recently, while restoring a 1921 Milburn Light Electric, we discovered a number of artifacts from the 1930's that were lost inside window pockets. They were stunning finds! After lots of research, we were able to determine virtually the whole history of the car, including identifying many of the previous owners. Fortunately, there is a registry of Milburn cars at www.milburn.us that contains a wealth of information of the cars known to remain which was a big help. In addition, there are great resources available to do research, e.g., Newspapers.com, Ancestry.com. Until we discovered the artifacts, this car was misidentified in the registry, so this completely altered the understanding of the history of several cars.
The artifacts in the car verified that the second owner was Stella Hanna of Waterloo, Iowa who was a prominent person in Waterloo, Iowa. In her memory, we decided to name our car after her. (There is a possibility that the original owner was Cory Steely, but that can't be absolutely proven).